Saturday, September 10, 2011

For the Geek in you

I came across a really cool website today. Well it's actually a computer geek site and goes by the name http://www.howtogeek.com/.

It has everything you could imagine to tweak or know about your computer. From simple, yet very powerful registry hacks to some complex troubleshooting and utility information. Some of the tips, tricks and hacks vividly reminded me of times when I used fiddle around a lot with my 386 model computer in my school days -  and a particular time when I had to get a 400pg e-book unzipped using DOS commands and the only place I could find information on how to do it was at a local computer teaching center a kilometer away from my home. So I guess times have changed for the good and these days it's just a click away.

One might feel that there is a lot of a reading material up there and is a bit too cluttered, until you get a hang of the way the site has been laid out. This I feel is typically how a geek's room would like if depicted digitally, though I don't in any way suggest that only if things seem haphazardly arranged does it necessarily fit the stereotypical description of a geek :P !

Nevertheless, I suggest that you bookmark this site, for it will definitely be a lifesaver when you need help. It has almost everything you would need and you can most reliably turn to this site for troubleshooting tips if you ever go overboard with your crazy mods.

Till next time.

Inner Peace \m/

$ur

No comments: