Thursday, September 22, 2011

Beating the stress..Take a chill pill !!

Hi there,

Last few days have been hectic ! Frantic job hunting for one thing, as I'm finishing my present assignment in another month or so. Though deviating from my usual topics that I blog about, I thought I'd share some cues from firsthand experience. As you might have been there before - the first few days of the job hunt are always fun, because you are looking towards something fresh. But as days pass by, you start to sense anxiety building up and fear creeping in. This can be coupled with low confidence levels.

Well, I decided to beat the monotony and end the misery once and for all. 

Firstly, I took to some old time games - Lemon Tycoon and the likes. Refreshing I must say. This is not to say that I have given up my hunt; but I found a way to vent out some of my frustration this way. Believe it or not, good games are pretty good at keeping anxiety at bay. They work like a charm, mainly because you get fully involved in them sooner than you think. Oh between I'm also getting addictive to the Zombie games :D Well, so few random games and I'm good to go hunting again !

I'm finding the tactic more mentally soothing and productive. It's much like getting a fresh pair of eyes to read through your resume. You tend to see things more objectively for one and see new ways of tackling the challenge at hand. 

Secondly, reading the articles posted in the various groups I'm part of on LinkedIn were quite invigorating too! Taking part in some of the discussions, reading industry updates etc. does really help blow off some steam. 

Thirdly, supplementing self-introspection with discussion. Like discussing my strategy and plans with someone who understands me well. Have you ever realized that at times when something seems quite amiss and you have a hard time figuring out what that is, hearing yourself out loud while telling someone about it, gives you that answer?

So, I guess I've managed to somehow cope up with the current situation reasonably well. But I'll be honest, this aren't the best of times and a great deal of effort is required on your part to keep your cool, for only if you can do so can you hang in there !

OK, time to fight some zombies and then get back to work ;)

Inner Peace \m/

$ur







3 comments:

srini said...

i would soon be wanting to kno bout the zombies..for more than 1 reason!!

Unknown said...

:) yo yo, bring it on !! Between are my tips applicable to your GMAT prep ;) ?

Deepthi said...

:)u zombie!!