Monday, June 06, 2011

Stuck

Yet again, after a slimmer of hope (though a bit cynical), I learned, that I'm stuck..well, if you know my story, your guess almost automatically will be, "residency status??" ; well, it is so damned unfair to be judged on the basis of this stupid aspect over academic qualifications here in this country !
Well, it is debatable that the country looks out for it's people first and others second. But it is not by having 50 places for locals vs 1 for outsiders; when the number of outsiders to locals applying is almost 100:1.
Well, naturally, you'd be inclined to look at the economics of it rather that the 'social commitment', as they supposedly claim it to be. Well, there you have it - education in a first world country with the primary motive of making financial gains, and whatever follows, as an added extra !! And here I'm fighting the odds; is this a losing battle, I sometimes can't help myself thinking !
Peace,
$ur

No comments: