Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Coffee Shot

People,

I'm going to tell you something which I experienced today evening, while attending one of my classes here at the University. Well, the class was on Automotive Electronics. Well, the name sounds more interesting to me and it might even look nice like a brownie point , if I can put it under one of the course successfully passed, on my resume, but I tell you, it is a lot of pain !! Well, so as I was trying all I can to make the best use of the time in the class, I was failing again and again to get the much needed attention. 

Milan, our lecturer, has this very interesting way of saying "Very Good" when he feels satisfied or comes across something "beautiful", which generally is a technological marvel more than anything else !! So he was just hopping from one application to the other touching briefly upon the fundamental electronics principles in each. Anyways, to me, it was one thing hearing about the new electronic gadgets now becoming an integral part of a modern car, but another thing altogether, trying to comprehend the working of it at a level of transistors, diodes, Op Amps and what not !!! So the point is, there was too much of new information enough to make my mind boggle. One could notice almost every one in our class struggling to keep up (; which basically was because the majority had absolutely no background in Electronics being Mechanical Engineers :D ) with Milan, who as usual in his very jovial tone was smoothly cruising along uttering a "Very Good"  every now and then ! 

And finally, Milan gave us a much needed break. Off I ran to the nearest Turkish place to buy myself a latte !! It was meant to be more of a soother than anything else for my tired brain ! I have read previously about how the caffeine in coffee can stimulate your whole central nervous system, but experiencing it was a terrific feeling ! Well, the effect was pronounced or at least I felt it a lot more today than any time before, because there was a notable increase in the level of my concentration and attention span ! It was suddenly as if somebody put a decoder into my head (see, now I can even use electronics in my vocab, whoa :P !), as whatever sounded gibberish to me previously, made a lot more sense now ! It was like drinking a magic potion, lol ! I even tried to drink it slowly so as to take me through the entire class. Now as much as it sounds funny saying it now and maybe reading this :P, I really thought for a minute, I had found a permanent cure for my distraction ; a coffee shot !!

Peace,

$ur

3 comments:

Scarab said...

that is something new to me...
am writing this after having 3 pegs of whisky..so u can understand what i prefer... :)
anyways a nice way of putting things forward...........
gng to have my next peg....cheers!!!!

Scarab said...

btw dude....i miss ur blog posts tht were similar to the ones u wrote for the in bruges thing....
tht was way too intense...
ok..am high....sorry...pardon me....

Unknown said...

;) hey bro..thanks man !!

yea, I guess I need more time at hand and the right mood to write something like that !

But, your point is noted, am on it !

Cheers !!